Eggs are yummy.

I like eggs. They're not a vegetable, but they still work into my goal of being more nutritious in my vegetarian lifestyle. 


Photo by John-Morgan
I rarely, if ever bake with them, but I do enjoy them for breakfast several times a week. While they do contain quite a bit of Cholesterol, they also supply Vitamin B12, Ribovlacin, Protein, and other graces.

Here are a few easy ways to enjoy this nutritient-rich item.

 
Note: There are conflicting views about eggs, but overall I like 'em. Eat Right Ontario has a bit of info about the product, and suggests an average of 7 eggs per week for a healthy person and less for someone with high Cholesterol, so don't overindulge. 

On we go!



A Boiled Egg is a Pocket Egg!
I love a boiled egg. Not only is it a nutritious boost during the day, but I can carry one to work in my coat pocket. Awesome! They keep in the fridge for a few day (I don't go past four), so I make a few at a time.
  • First, I fill a small pot with water and add the eggs I'll cook.
  • Then I turn the heat up and let them boil for about 2 minutes.
  • Next, I remove them from the heat and let them sit, covered, in the pot for about 12 minutes.
  • I then drain the pot and fill it with cool water. I stick it in the fridge, but I've been told you can also add ice to the water.
  • I generally make them at night, so I take them out of the pot in the morning.

  • To peel, I crack the shell until I find a spot with a bit of air, I find it's easier to grab onto the filmy bit and peel it. Others say that running it under water aids the process and that a cold egg is easier to peel. Either way, they go great in a sandwhich, or as a snack alternative to candy.
Photo by bgottsab


Scrambled Veggies with Eggs have lots of veggies!

Easy, filling, delicious.
-Simply, take your veggies ( I like spinach, cut up mushrooms, grated carrots, diced peppers, etc)
-If the veggies are frozen, heat them a little to thaw them out.
-Add a few eggs ( I like 2 for about a cup of veggies)
-Mix it up and let it cook. 
-Eat that sweetness.


Yum! Sometimes, I'll add things like mashed sweet potatoes, rice, or coucous to the mix- be daring and enjoy.


How do you like your eggs? Leave a comment, I'd love to hear it. And- if you like what you read, don't forget to share, subscribe, or follow me on Twitter or Pinterest.

Live (and eat) well, Charlotte

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact me

Name

Email *

Message *