30-Day-Challenge: Dance-Party Everyday!

About this time last year I started my first posts on this blog and one of the first thing I wrote about was dancing and how amazingly awesome it is. So awesome in fact that dancing is my new 30-day challenge.
Photo by uwdigitalcollections
Not only is it a great workout and it'll wake you up, but it's so much fun and I always feel like a million bucks after a dance party. I'm not the best dancer in the world, but I have fun and that's what it's about.


My 30-day challenge is to have a dance-party everyday. Even if only for a few minutes and even if only by myself.


Lee Celledoni dancing the Jitterbug, 1947, Flickr Commons

Research shows dancing to be, not only good for your body, but also your brain. It's also an exercise that can be varied according to your age, fitness level, ability, and tastes, and it's particularly social. Remember how I wrote about finding exercises that are right for you? Yup, there's something in here for everyone. I highly recommend it.


If you're stuck for a playlist, check out this one I've put together of some upbeat tunes. If you've got some favourite tracks, I'm curious about what you like to dance to and how you like to dance. Leave a comment, I'd love to hear it. And- if you like what you read, don't forget to share, subscribe, or follow me on Pinterest.

Live well,
Charlotte



Beginning this fall, I'll be leading GrooveMethod classes in Montreal.  If you're looking for a dance fitness class where you have fun, get fit, and feel good, this is the place. Never been to Groove? Find out more about it here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact me

Name

Email *

Message *